06 September 2009

Essentials

My makeup has never failed to make me feel high maintenance. It's not like I wear a lot (I refuse foundation, seriously, that stuff is gross), but I have a LOT of make up.
I have been a loyal sephora shopper for years now. I have their loyalty card, and I was "upgraded" to the VIP card. That's pretty much the "you shop here too much" club. Every now and then, I'll consider editing my collection down, but I just can't do it. Mascara is my biggest problem.
I usually use this











But at my last sephora trip I decided to try a new mascara (which I kind of do, um, every month).











Wow. I think I like it better than Diorshow. It doesn't smuge! It thickens like a dream (dreams are very thick, you see)!
But I'm sure I'll change my tune in another month when I try something else.

I don't wear a lot of eyeliner, but when I do, I really want it to stay put.











I use it on my inner lower eyelid, and it stays on ALL day (and most of the night, heh). I really like the brown/bronze color they offer, it's a bit more subtle.
Mascara and eyeliner is my "basic" look. I prefer to keep my eyes as the focus. When I switch to a night look, I add eyeshadow and blush.











That? Smells AHMAYZING. Stays on, and the best part is, it doubles as a lip stain.
Makeup is one of my favorite things to play with. I feel gross even if I have a fabby outfit but my face (and hair) isn't finished. It tops off the look, and even if it's minimal just finishes everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment