31 August 2009

Necklines, Mesh, and Cutouts

So many of my favorite cuts of dresses are having a moment in a big way right now.

Necklines:
Detailing, asymmetrical, or just twisted and different; all the new necklines look so cool.
My favorite one is by Alexander McQueen. I'd love to wear it paired with a pair of pumps that match the lining.


This one by Camilla and Marc is really cool looking. I like the detail on the bodice. I think the dress would look cool with boots and a motorcycle jacket.

Mesh:
Can look really 80's (and not in a good way), but if done right and toned down the look is really sexy.
Alexander Wang has a few mesh dresses that were quickly knocked off by a few mall stores.

American Apparel makes a cute (cheap!) option. I have one, it has a nice slim fit, and I like the neckline a lot.

Cutouts:
You have to be careful with cutouts because it can look like things have been ripped or they can border on tacky. So long as the dresses aren't too short, I really like the look.This one by Leyendecker is the holy grail of cut out dresses. It doesn't get better than this, stop trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment