28 August 2009

Heels are Dead?



I was scanning though the times fashion section when I came across an article claiming "Heels are Dead".
I'm not sure if the person penning that article had a look at any recent runways, but heels are still king. Balmain, Valli, platforms still rule and heels are getting higher and more decorative (more on that later).


Along with heels being high (as god and Louboutin intended), they're looking a lot more punk and hard this season. I like this look a lot. Mixing the "feminine" shoe with a hard, tough looking element makes it visually interesting, and makes the wearer feel like a bad ass which of course, I'm very fond of).


The article takes an offensive turn when it compares wearing heels to Chinese foot binding. I'm pretty sure even the dimmest of journalists can tell the difference between the two. My heels don't damage my feet to that extent, it's also a choice.
It seems to me some writer just got sick of wearing heels and decided to project that onto everyone else.
Flats do nothing for your legs, they do nothing for your outfits, and unless they have proper arch support, do nothing for your feet. Heels will always be the more fashionable option.
But remember, the first rule of wearing heels is that you better know how to run in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment